Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Scoubes Family Blog!

Yes, it's about time we start our own blog!  I have been meaning to do this for quite some time now, but finally got around to doing it.  We have so much going on, with the new birth and addition of our fourth boy, that I might not have time to email all my friends and family or make calls like I should, so this is here to help everyone stay updated and to read posts about our fam.

I think I've titled this Blog rather appropriately, seeing as I'm the only female in the family, surrounded by boys.  What better way to represent our family than the classic nursery rhyme:
What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
 Of course I'm the sugar and spice and everything nice (my boys would beg to differ about the nice part), but we are definitely all boy in this house! 

So as you read this, some days it may just be a funny quote by one of the boys.  Another day it might be me venting about what I've gotten myself into. Or maybe just a picture that encompasses it all (hopefully this will help me be better about taking pics--usually Jared is the one that does the picture taking)!  But as I've read lots of blogs and talked to friends who do them, it's also a really great way to journal and keep as a memory of all that's going on.  So if you find yourself laughing, crying, or just wondering what's going on in this crazy house, then I've done my job--and if it's ever too graphic or I divulge too much, I apologize ahead of time...that's what happens with a house full of boys that toot, burp, fight, and a mom that's trying to stay afloat.  I'll try to be honest and real, cause I've appreciated that about other blogs I've read. I don't want to pretend to be anything we're not, or that life is harder than it is...I hope you get the picture. Oh, and if you know me, then you know I like to talk and sometimes I go on and on and on.  And if you don't know me, then you'll soon realize it :) 

Ok, seeing as it's noon and I'm still in my PJ's, yes, I said PJ's, I better get going.  Thanks for reading and I look forward to this new adventure in blogging!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogging! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome...we've been waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said... WElCOME!

    Oh, and I am so glad I'm not the only one that sometimes, at noon, is still in PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amanda!! It's fun to hear/read about your family again! We're in Lehi now - somewhat, kinda for awhile, I think. It would sure be fun to see you guys again. Tell Jared we say "Hi!" I look forward to at least keeping up with you through the blog!

    ReplyDelete