Monday, January 23, 2012

Quick Update via Pics

I've had a lot on my mind lately....everything from do I keep blogging about the summer despite that I keep getting further behind on things like Halloween, birthdays, Christmas and just everyday hoopla? Realizing that my friends who blog on a daily or every other day basis are SUPER dedicated and if I tried to do that, you all would be bored out of your minds and I would be scratching my head as to what I could pull out of the other end to blog about! How I feel like the Gospel helps us feel grounded and gives us knowledge not everyone has about life and what's expected of us, but how knowing what's expected of us sometimes is rather overwhelming.  I just have a ton going on personally, like I'm sure all of you do, too.  I don't want to sound like a pity party or like I'm looking for sympathy, just kind of giving you a glimpse of what I'm thinking and feeling lately.  Not to mention that it's been a RIDICULOUSLY long time since I've posted.  So super sorry you've seen a pic of laundry the last month or so. 

What if I throw out a few pictures as a round about way of letting you see the goings on in the Scoubes Family as of late?  That isn't gonna cut it? Hmmmm, well, it will have to do for now, at least till I can sort through a little more of my life :)

Took the boys to Kangaroo Zoo and Conner was determined to get Aiden on a slide with him

Dylan with cousin Tova--he adored her!!

Our version of Saturday afternoon fun :)


I actually managed to get all four boys smiling!! 

 
 Extreme Air Sports (super fun place to jump and bounce...when there aren't a million other kids doing the same!)  Conner and Oliver on the climbing wall

 Aiden loved it when I would toss him into the foam pit in the kiddies play area

 Conner on the trapeze platform getting ready to dive-bomb into the one of the foam pits!

 Conner in the process of getting braces.  Many of you heard over and over just how excited he was to get them!  The kid hasn't eaten this much oatmeal since he was 2!

The first official smile with braces on!

The boys and Taj at McDonalds--gotta love the little poser in the middle!


Ok, so that about does it.  We were lucky enough to have my sister, Melissa, and her 2 adorable kids visit for a couple of weeks.  We were able to squeeze in some fun activities and the boys loved having Taj to play with and beautiful little Tova to hold and love on--it was so fun having a girl around!!!!  However, we've had more going on than just fun, believe me.  There's still the everyday arguments about homework, showering, chores, practicing piano, and bedtime. But there's also lots of hugs, smiles, and mom being grateful at the end of each day!  My boys cease to test my patience, but also cease to amaze me at how loving and kind they can be, taking care of me by brushing my hair when I don't feel good and trying to help with their baby brother.  How is it that I forget how wonderful mommyhood can be?  I mean, it's not always wonderful, but lately I'm super duper trying to remember just how blessed I am to be a mom of 4 beautiful and crazy boys!! 



1 comment:

  1. It is true...we are so blessed to be mommies of our precious babes. Life sends us curve balls left AND right, but I look back over past curve balls and see that I've somehow survived them, no doubt because the Lord showed me how to. Love seeing all those adorable pics of your sweet boys. Especially the bootylicious ones!

    ReplyDelete